An Award to Refit the Kitchen.
The Prince’s Countryside Fund in conjunction with People’s Postcode Lottery has awarded our community hub a substantial Rural Four award to help refit the kitchen to good quality commercial standards. This is a huge boost for The Thorold and our fund-raising activities and something that we are very grateful for.
Many of you will know The Prince’s Trust as an organisation that mainly supports young people in business. The Prince’s Countryside Fund is different and their mission is described thus:
The Prince’s Countryside Fund was established by HRH The Prince of Wales in 2010 and aims to enhance the prospects of family farm businesses and the quality of rural life. We believe that the British countryside is our most valuable natural asset and its contribution to our everyday life cannot be underestimated.
To help support and secure the future of the countryside we:
- Provide more than £1m each year in grant and initiative funding to projects across the UK thanks to support from our partners, events and donations
- Celebrate and promote the value of the countryside
- Lead projects to strengthen farm businesses, such as The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme
- Commission research into issues affecting farming families and rural communities
- Bring together individuals and businesses to help tackle current challenges
- Help communities in crisis through our Emergency Fund
To read more about the organisation please click on this link to The Prince’s Countryside Fund.
The Thorold Arms Community Benefit Society is hugely appreciative of this award and thanks The Prince’s Countryside Fund.